To establish guidelines that ensure a safe and accident free work environment for the employees and its subcontractors.
The Company’s driving policy applies to all employees.
Driving is the greatest risk faced by the industry in general and our employees in particular. This policy covers the use of all vehicles both on and off the road. Bhugarbho Geo Sciences is committed to the prevention of loss to life and property from driving incidents, both on and off duty.
Bhugarbho Geo Sciences recognizes the threat of injury to health as a result of preventable accident while driving or use company’s cars.
The code of conduct for Bhugarbho Geo Sciences states that: “While driving company vehicles or own vehicles for work purposes, staff must comply with traffic legislation, be conscious of road safety and demonstrate safe driving and other good road safety habits”.
Following control measures have been identified and must be implemented, in agreement with local and international legal requirements.
- Driver must have a valid driving license for the vehicle to be driven.
- Driver must be in good health and physically able to perform the duties of driving.
- Driver and passengers must wear seat belts at all times during vehicle operation.
- Driver must abide the speed limits and the rules established by local regulations.
- Driver must maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front to achieve complete stop safety.
- Driver must not use a hand held phone while driving.
- Driver must have a list of emergency contacts on board to be immediately activated in case of accidents or in emergency situations.
- Driving under influence of alcohol, drugs or other controlled substances is strictly prohibited.
Any violation of this policy will result in adverse employment action up to and including dismissal.